• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for the forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Code 3 MX-7000?

BlueTank

Fire Fighting
Going to be picking up a used, MX-7000. Was on a 2009 F250 from a local fire department. All in working order. Truck was sold at auction complete with bar, other lights and siren equipment by a friend of mine and he is giving me all of it. Need to pull it all off. Gonna be re-installing it on a 2015 F250. Anybody have links as to where I can find parts and mounting brackets? 2009 has gutters, 2015 does not.....

Here are some pics I have so far. 357358359

As soon as I can get my hands on it all I will post pics. TIA for any advice and links.

OSP959(R)

Lightbar Collector
Forum Administrator
Retired Law Officer
I love the MX7000. It's like the Legos of lightbars. So many difference configurations.

There's a bunch of parts for these on ebay.

Are you wanting a bracket that fits in the top of the door jamb and is screwed in place?

BlueTank

Fire Fighting
I love the MX7000. It's like the Legos of lightbars. So many difference configurations.

There's a bunch of parts for these on ebay.

Are you wanting a bracket that fits in the top of the door jamb and is screwed in place?
I am thinking that is what I will need. Since there is no gutter it needs more holding power.

BlueTank

Fire Fighting
Thinking of switching out the halogens and regular bulbs for leds. Any advice on that switch out?

OSP959(R)

Lightbar Collector
Forum Administrator
Retired Law Officer
I've wanted to experiment with replacing the bulbs with LED bulbs.

Check out:

It will depend on whether your MX7000 has the H1 or bayonet style bulbs.

As far as the bracket, if you can't find one you can probably modify the ones that are on there. You might also want to search Code 3 Excaliber parts for the bracket you need. The Excaliber wasn't much more than a LED version of the MX7000.

[/URL]

BlueTank

Fire Fighting
GREAT advice. I have actually been in contact with Code3 and I plan to ask some of these questions as I get my hands on the bar and other equipment. My only issue might be with the lack of resistance in the LEDs and it's effect on any circuit board and/or flashers. Maybe additional cost for upgrading them.

BlueTank

Fire Fighting
Well I have the Light bar. It and the equipment all need some powerful cleaning but all seamed to be in 100% working order when I removed it. Had to cut the pigtail at the roof line, but that can be soldered and heat shrunk back into a slide line. Main concerns I have are the mounting brackets, came off a Guttered F-350 going on a 2015 Gutterless F-250. But my main concern is the one Orange wire internally. It looks cooked. Can anybody help me figure out what it feeds and why it might have cooked?

Looking to swap out as many of the lights as possible for LEDs.

Does anybody have any leads on a wiring diagram for the GALL'S XL200 switch box? Everything else is pretty straight forward, I think.

It does have an arrow stick. A bonus, but for my volunteer truck, may not get used a lot, but works perfectly.

TIA

Attachments