• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for the forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Federal Signal 8554057 flasher terminal wiring resource

tsquale

Law Enforcement
EMT / Medic
The small prong labeled unknown.. you can short it, with a screw driver for example, to change the pattern as well

The small prong labeled unknown.. you can short it, with a screw driver for example, to change the pattern as well
Interesting. I would have guessed it was to sync with another flasher. I know the Code 3 LEDX/optix heads have those pins and thats how you change their pattern. Almost odd that they have 2 ways of changing the pattern on the same flasher, thanks.

tsquale

Law Enforcement
EMT / Medic
Interesting. I would have guessed it was to sync with another flasher. I know the Code 3 LEDX/optix heads have those pins and thats how you change their pattern. Almost odd that they have 2 ways of changing the pattern on the same flasher, thanks.
My guess is they have both ways for having a button installed in the cab if needed or being able to quickly changing at the point of install if not hooking up the terminal

Mattmac92

Law Enforcement
Wiring for Federal Signal 2ch LED flasher 8554057 commonly found in Arjent SL, Vista, Jet and other Solaris LED lightbars.

View attachment 342

what does the active mode 2 do and what does the 1channel cut off do? Found this module kicking around in an old rear window light bar that I’m trying to reconfigure and can’t find much for instructions online.