• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for the forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lighthead removal question (Yankee 911?)

I picked up a lightbar the other day. My plan is to use the lightheads in another project. I can not figure out how to remove the entire assembly. It appears that the base is held down with 3 nut/bolts. I would like to be able to pull off the lighthead from the shaft but I I'm unable to figure that part out. It appears it would only slide up and off but it is blocked. Am I missing a C clip or retainer ring?
I don't think I am gonna get the screws that hold the main base plate down off without snapping them.

I disassembled the lightbar. Unfortunately I had to drill out some of the baseplate screws. It is unlikely that I would reassemble the bar but that eliminated the option. The shaft of the light is held to the base with a nut on the bottom. Once that is removed the base and lower bulb housing can be slid off the bottom. I may have been searching the wrlng terms but I was not able to find a bottom view of the light on the Internet, only sides and top.
One dome says Signal Stat while the other has YMPC on top. I plan to sell the domes and read most have the YMPC regardless of make (Yankee, Signal Stat or Dietz).

OSP959(R)

Lightbar Collector
Forum Administrator
Retired Law Officer
Yep, the YMPC lenses are pretty common. What color are the domes? Were either of the end caps intact? I'm always on the lookout for decent Yankee end caps.

OSP959(R)

Lightbar Collector
Forum Administrator
Retired Law Officer
Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen NAPA end caps before. Are you selling the caps?

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen NAPA end caps before. Are you selling the caps?
Sure. If you want to spend an arm and a leg I can get them gold plated. Otherwise throw me a normal offer, shipping likely $10 (priority). I am sure ya could save a few bucks and go first class since they are so light if ya wanted too.

OSP959(R)

Lightbar Collector
Forum Administrator
Retired Law Officer
What's the white spot on the top near the end? IDK. I'm cheap. I don't want to insult you. Is the relay good? I'm guessing it's the round 3-prong relay that looks like a turn signal relay. The flash slow when they get older. Did it have a holder?

If the relay is good? How much for the dome, end caps, and relay shipped to 76255?