• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for the forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My name is Ed and i just came across this AWESOME site in my Hemmings magazine email.......

eds9c1

Me and a couple of close friends purchased 1995 Chevrolet Caprices with the 9C1 packages from an auction house up in New York in 2000. Mine was a new York throughway rt 287 Lts unmarked vehicle. Detuned LT1 Corvette 350ci multiport fuel injected motor.... 4L60E 4 speed over drive with lockout.... and 3.08 10 bolt posi rear end. Dual spotlights 6 way bucket seats with anti stab plates in the back rest. No cage or console or gun mount. Velour interior front and back seats. That car had many different faces over my time of ownership. We raced them, showed them, and raced them some more. My fastest ETA at Englishtown New Jerseys Raceway park was 12.65 in the 1/4 mile with a .60 (i think) 60 ft time at 115mph. When i sold it she was sporting a .30 over {original motor}2019-12-10 22.14.32.png (400 hp) Tremec 6 speed and 4:56 gears .... that final setup was the most fun however the track days with 4:10s 3600 stall converter warmed over 4L60E with shift kit and computer dyno tune had the car breaking loose and sideways with a 1-2 manual shift. Hear are a couple of pics from back in those days........ there is much much more to this story however i will not bore you with the details... LOL. Enjoy the pics.

Attachments